In this program, you learn how to create and market products that women, and increasingly men, want to buy. Your FIT education blends academic study and hands-on experience, and includes a strong foundation in liberal arts, required for a marketing career. A faculty of practicing professionals and industry mentors expose you to all facets of the business, from product development and manufacturing to marketing and sales. You’ll gain an understanding of international economics, strategic marketing, visual presentation, and communications management. The program’s close ties to industry ensure that you’re immersed in the standards and practices of the beauty business, and help you make connections that pave the way to a successful career in this challenging and rewarding field.
- FIT’s Cosmetics and Fragrance BS program is the only one of its kind in the country.
- The Annette Green Fragrance Foundation Studio, modeled on professional facilities, is the only fragrance lab on a U.S. college campus.
- An advisory board of industry executives ensures that the program remains at the forefront of current market trends.
- Mentoring programs and FIT’s close association with the industry offer extensive networking opportunities with leaders in the field.
In this program, you will:
- Learn to create and evaluate fragrances in FIT’s professional-level fragrance studio.
- Experience your industry first hand with an internship at a top firm in New York, such as Estée Lauder, Clarins, Givaudan, L’Oréal, and MAC.
- Visit New York’s many fragrance and cosmetics companies, manufacturers, and retail outlets.
- Have the opportunity to study cosmetics and fragrance from a European perspective, with a summer trip to Paris, London, and Milan.